I am not one to cook, even with all the cute kitchen appliances given to me at my bridal shower, but I have since began experimenting in the kitchen every since I became a stay-at-home mom.
So today I am featuring my quick and easy recipe for Chicken Parmesan.
2 large whole boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 – 1 1/2 pounds total)
2 cups dry bread crumbs (for low fat option, just use milk)
2 cups store bought Italian tomato sauce
1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced or grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- With the flat side of a cleaver or a heavy skillet, pound or roll the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap to the desired thickness (usually about 1/4″).
- Spread the bread crumbs on a flat plate.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Set the tomato sauce on low heat to warm (it will spread more easily).
- Thoroughly coat cutlets with bread crumbs (press down firmly while coating with bread crumbs).
- Place 1/2 cup of the warm tomato sauce in the bottom of a baking dish large enough to hold the cutlets in one layer. Add the cooked cutlets to the baking dish; cover with the rest of the tomato sauce of the warm tomato sauce and the sliced/grated mozzarella.
- Cook the chicken parmesan in the oven for ten minutes. If the cheese has not melted/browned you can slip it under the broiler for a minute or so – keep an eye on it so the cheese does not burn.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese. Goes great with a side of pasta and a green salad and or French/Italian bread, or garlic bread.
Do you have a few easy, breezy recipes that you wanna share. Send them over to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can be featured here.