At first, breastfeeding seemed like a choir, a choir that caused me to leak, squirt and chaff. Sorry to have painted that vivid picture, but moms-to-be you need to know. Also getting my son to latch on was indeed a task in its itself. Ok, so maybe “love” is a strong word for the title of this post, but by reading on you will understand.
Take it from me, its a road that not every moms ventures, but if you do then this post is for you.
So here are my 10 reasons why I loved to breastfeed my son.
1. Instant Weight Loss: Forget the gym, I was able to loss 10 pounds in just a few short weeks of breastfeeding.
2. Talk About Multitasking: With the help of my My Breastfriend, a cool nursing pillow, I was able to sip on water, chat on the phone and read a book.
3. Instant Bonding Moments: I loved gazing into my son’s eyes, playing with his toes and holding his hands while breastfeeding. Sorry Dads!
4. No Bottles Needed: I was an instant meal without any bottles to clean up.
5. Women Rule: Here’s another reason that women can do it all!
6. Be One With Nature: Its natural and traditional. You can join the many groups of women throughout history that have done this.
7. I looked Good Doing It: Breastfeeding is a natural thing, but I could not go au natural doing it, so by using a stylish nursing cover up, I was one POSH Mom! in search for one? try Bebe au Lait (amazon, $33)
8. It’s healthy for my son.
9. It’s Healthy For Me: Wow, there are countless reasons of how breastfeeding benefits mothers. Just a few are: Reduced risk of breast cancer, reduced risk of uterine and ovarian cancer, lessens osteoporosis, reduced risk of anemia, helps delay return of fertility.
10. It Saves You Money: No need to buy formula or any equipment to feed your baby.
So after 8 months of ups and downs (yes we all them!) while breastfeeding, my son then decided that his love for breastfeeding had taken its course. When my son resisted my boobs I was in glee that I had finally gotten by body back. But quickly got depressed that I would no longer experience those “intimate” bonding moments and in just a few days I had gained almost 10 pounds. Yikes!
So I guess all in all, I did LOVE breastfeeding.
Were you are breastfeeding mom, wanna share with us your reasons for having a love-hate relationship with it? send us your list to firstname.lastname@example.org.