Not so long ago do I remember being pregnant during the hot summer months and boy oh boy was it a challenge! All I wanted to do was run around naked. So POSH Mammas-to-be, I know the feeling, so if indecent exposure is not up your alley then check out these tips for beating the heat!
– Keep hydrated. Keep an icy water bottle on hand when running errands, and eat snacks that provide hydration such as melons and cucumbers. Also being dehydrated can lead to urinary tract infections, a common ailment of pregnancy.
– Stay Indoors. With the baby on the way, you and your mate might be thinking of ways to stay on budget, but skimping on AC is not the way to go, especially when you have to endure the brutal heat. So turn on the AC, wear cool, lightweight clothing, kick back and enjoy some ME-time!
– Inhale/Exhale. Breathing is also an important factor in keeping cool. Breathing lets off heat, so make sure you have a good breathing pattern.
– Lather Up. Use a high SPF sunscreen. If you have fair skin, use SPF 30 or 45. Make sure your time in the sun is limited and don’t head out without sunscreen or, better yet, sunblock.
– Hair Techniques. Wear your hair up. This will help to keep your neck cool and relatively free of sweat. Also, try weting your hair. Just like you lose the most heat from your head during winter, you can apply the same principle in the heat. Wet all your hair, or just all along the hairline in a pinch. The evaporation of the water will cool your head.
– Go For A Swim. Swimming is one of the safest forms of exercise. If you swam regularly before pregnancy, you should be able to continue without much modification. If you didn’t swim or exercise at all, you should still be able to swim, but check with your doctor or midwife first.
– Visit the Malls. Not only are malls filled with free-AC, but you are able to find out what trending this season for your lil one.