Every year I dread to hear these words from my husband “Get ready for some football!” “Again??!” I moan….My husband is a huge die hard football fan, so throughout the season and particular every sunday I am known as a “Football Widow”. Even though my hubby’s favorite team – NY Jets – are not playing in this SuperBowl, he’ll still be glued to the TV as this is the end of his favorite season…
So in speaking to some of my gal pals, I came up with a list of ways on surviving Sunday’s Superbowl as well as any event your hubby may be ga-ga over:
- Get to know the game or at least pretend to. The more involved you are, the better you will feel. Not only will you will feel like you are a part of the game, but your husband is more likely to understand you when you are watching a “Sex and the City” marathon.
- Give and Take. Arrange to have his friends over for the entire season and have him send you to a spa or shopping spree – without the kids!
- Family Bonding. Get the kids together and enjoy an afternoon of watching some football, the kids will love it. Just be sure to entertain them during the commercials since they are intended for adult males.
- Do Your Research. If you are a newlywed or have been married for a few years pick up “Help! I’m a Newlywed … What Do I Do Now? Wife-Saving Advice Every New Bride Must Know to Survive the First Year of Marriage” its a great how-to on surviving the things your hubby loves, but you may not.
- Write your hubby a love note saying “You can be my football quarterback anytime.”
- Attire. Wear the colors of your husband’s favorite team. If he loves the NJ Jets, find something green in your closet to throw on, whether is a cozy short or a lacy lingerie.
- All in all, just sit back and enjoy..its only for a couple of hours.