Packing all your essentials for an entire day into your diaper bag can be a daunting task…diapers? wipes? do I have a stylish bag?
Below is your basic diaper-bag checklist and the stylish diapers bags that you just have to have right now:
Diaper Bag Checklist:
- Baby wipes and hand wipes
- Diaper ointments
- Extra clothes
- Bottles and training cups (a.k.a., sippy cups)
- Formula, milk and water
- Food dishes and utensils
- Pacifiers and teethers
- Medicine cabinet (sunscreen, bulb syringe, mini first-aid kit)
- Changing pad
Diaper bag tips to remember:
- Get a quality diaper bag. And get one that’s bigger than you think you need, with multiple compartments the extra room will come in handy.
- To save time, get a second diaper bag and keep it packed with diapering accessories and ready to go for shorter outings.
- Bring a plastic bag for disposing of waste.
- For longer trips, make a list of everything needed on a per-day basis, and then pack accordingly. Double-check when you’re done.
- Keep leaks at bay by packing liquids, medicines and snacks in separate re-sealable plastic bags.
- Always have emergency contact info on hand — health insurance cards, phone numbers for family, friends and doctors.